วันเสาร์ที่ 8 พฤษภาคม พ.ศ. 2553

Logitech Squeezebox Touch

Logitech Squeezebox Touch
Logitech Squeezebox Touch. The color touch-screen Wi-Fi music player that lets you discover a world of music—all through your stereo. read more..

Hot Features
  • Listen to an infinite variety of Internet radio stations, online music services, and your iTunes collection through your existing home stereo with this easy-to-use Wi-Fi music player
  • Enjoy easy station and music control from anywhere in the room with a full-color touch screen, intuitive menus and remote
  • Experience full, rich sound supported by high-resolution encoding
  • Connect seamlessly to your home network through Wi-Fi or Ethernet, and also to connect to other Squeezebox players
  • Part number 930-000074 or 930-000090 may be shipped, as these are identical products


Sale Price : Click to see Sale Price


Amazing device; this new generation Squeezebox has great sound too by A. Altman
This is an amazing product. It is my first Squeezebox product - really my first attempt at home to do computer based audio outside of just using iTunes and plugging my computer headphone jack into a stereo, which is great fun and sounds just OK - no where as much fun or as great sounding as the Touch.



I have been waiting for a product that I could use in my audiophile home stereo. Logitech SB Transporter seemed like a good bet but it was a bit expensive ($2000) and reviews described a quality of sound (lean, detailed) that is not my cup of tea. I'm a tube guy. Love LP's, love tube amps. Sweet lifelike sound.



If you are at all curious about computer based audio to feed your home stereo, you can stop reading here. Just buy this thing. It is amazing. It is not perfect. Some aspects of it are easier to configure than others. But for me, and I know for a lot of other people, it is a life changing experience as regards my use of music in my home.



I "rip" cds into iTunes using Apple lossless for computer playback and at a 256 bit rate for small capacity iPods. They both sound excellent when played by the Touch, either via analog out or via digital into a third party DAC.



This product is MOSTLY very easy to set up and use. It found my wifi network quickly, and it found the iTunes library on my Mac quickly. I am getting internet radio stations from all over the world. The sound from the analog outputs is now - with this new generation Squeezebox - EXTREMELY good. It has great tonality and is very lifelike. I'm comparing my superb Cary cd player (the 308T with tube output stage) to the the analog outs of the Touch and also to the digital out of the Touch into a Bryston BDA-1 DAC. The Bryston is winning awards, and it sounds incredible, (over $2k new, around $1400 used). I use the digital out of the Touch to feed the Bryston and it sounds fantastic. It is very close to my awesome Cary cd player ($2500 new plus upgraded tubes).



But the analog out of the Touch also sounds excellent. The Bryston and my Cary CD player both have a bit more detail and place the instruments and singers more distinctly in a sound-stage, and they have a little bit tighter bass, BUT BUT BUT the Touch analog output stage - for just $300 - has excellent tonality, excellent detail, deep and well controlled bass..... It is shockingly good. I may or may not get a 3rd party DAC for my home stereo (the Bryston is borrowed from a friend) but I don't feel that I NEED to.



I bought a second Touch to use in my bedroom stereo. I am keeping the first one in my main high end audio system. As I say, I may or may not end up adding a third party DAC in the latter system, not sure, but certainly not for the bedroom system.



Caution: I am having some trouble configuring some aspects of this device, such as controlling it from my computer. The basic functionality is working great. The Touch is taking music off the server on my Mac, no problem. And also I'm playing music off an SDHC card in the Touch (the first Squeezebox to offer this functionality, as I understand). Feeding the Touch directly with an external hard drive is working hit or miss. Trying to use the computer based "player" for the Touch is mostly miss.



The remote is great. When you start to use the remote the characters on the screen get bigger - it's perfect.



There is apparently a community of programmers that build third party apps for this thing. I've not yet begun to explore that. Some are free and some have nominal charge.



I am giving this 5 stars because it is a fantastic device; mostly easy to configure, sounds great, sounds even better when feeding an external DAC, and downright life-changing when it comes to home entertainment. I am tempted to deduct a star because of some aspects that appear buggy or hard to configure but I just can't do it.



The Touch ain't perfect, but it is fantastic.



ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น